The Schertz-Cibolo-Universal ISD District Testing and Accountability Coordinator is responsible for:
- Implementing the State of Texas student assessment program.
- Implementing national assessments such as the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
- Assisting with the implementation of Credit by Exam and Kindergarten Acceleration.
- Facilitating the implementation of the state and federal accountability systems.
District and campus ratings are posted on the Texas Education Agency website.
Assessment and Accountability UPDATES
- Extraordinary public health and safety circumstances inhibited the ability of the state to accurately measure district and campus performance in 2020-21. Therefore, for 2020-21, all districts and campuses received a rating of Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster overall and in each domain. Distinction designations were not awarded for 2020-21. See TEA’s 2021 Accountability webpage for more information: TEA's 2021 Accountability Webpage (September 14, 2021)
- STAAR Results Parent Communication (May 27, 2021)
- Transitioning to STAAR Online PARENT COMMUNICATION (March 22, 2021)
- SPRING TESTING PARENT COMMUNICATION (February 24, 2021)
- Due to extraordinary public health and safety circumstances and the closure of schools during the state's testing window inhibiting the ability of the state to accurately measure district and campus performance, the 2020 rating label Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster was issued to all districts and campuses. (August 17, 2020)
- Governor Abbot waives STAAR testing for Spring and Summer 2020: Governor Letter
- TEA Covid-19 Support: Student Assessment - TEA Guidance website
- End of Year Assessment - TEA has created EOY assessments for districts and parents to use as an optional tool used to measure student progress and understanding of the statewide curriculum taught this school year. Our district will not be using this assessment however, parents may request an EOY assessment directly from TEA. Visit the following link for additional information: TEA News Release