Samuel Clemens High School
2018– 2019 Class Syllabus
Instructor: Mr. Joel Cromer
Course: World Geography
Conference: 3rd Period
Remind Code: @3cbhh7
1st per. Geography rm B237
2nd per. Geography rm b237
3rd per. Conference
4th per. Geography rm B237
5th per. Athletics
6th per. Lunch
7th per. Geography rm B237
8th per. Athletics Field House
The overview of this course will be to explore the world through the the 5 themes of geography.
These themes; location of a place, character of a place, how people, goods and ideas move between places and how people interact with the natural environment of a place will give the student a global perspective of our ever-changing world. We will challenge the student to think in complex ways and apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to perplexing unknowns.
Spiral notebook or Journal and Folder to keep all Hand-outs and returned work (stays in class room)
Writing utensils – Pens, pencils and map pencils. The student is responsible for being prepared for class. Pens, pencils and paper are not provided.
1. Tardy Policy – Be on Time! School policy will be followed for consequences.
2. Come to class prepared – Bring required materials every day!
3. Be courteous – Respect everyone’s space and opinions
4. Bring a positive attitude
5. Keep the class room clean and neat
6. All others outlined in student handbook
50% Daily Grades/Formative(home work, quizzes, class work)
50% Test/Summative Grades