- Phone: 210/945-6520
- Fax: 210/945-6591
Remember to send in an excuse note anytime your student is absent.
- Calling in a student absent does not excuse the absence – only a submitted note or e-mail from a parent/care provider excuses the absence.
To submit an excuse electronically...
- Click on Absence form and submit form.
- Doctor and parent notes must be turned in directly to the attendance window in the lobby area at the front of the school. Please make sure your student's name and ID number are on ALL notes!
College Visits & Attendance
- Juniors and seniors are allowed two days off each year to make college visits.
- Students can pick up the College Visit Form from the Counseling Office and visit with their administrator or counselor prior to making a visit.
- Students must return the form to the attendance office with proper signatures upon their return to Clemens to have the absence(s) coded correctly.
If you will be picking your student up early, you must come to the front office and sign them out. Please make sure to have your I.D. available.
If your student will be driving off campus for an appointment, please send email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org prior to student needing to be checked out early. Please include student's name, ID number and specific time for checkout. The email must be sent from a parent email address on file.
- An absence is considered unexcused when a note is not provided within 3 days of the student returning to school. Notes will be updated within 48 hours of the absence.
- A note from a care provider will only excuse the day(s) listed. If your student is out for longer, an additional note from a parent is required to excuse the extra days.
- If your student is sent home by the nurse, a note from a parent is still required to excuse the time your student misses school.
- If a student has a note from a doctor that has instructions for PE/Athletics, it is the student's responsibility to make a copy for the PE/Athletics teachers. Any note that is turned in directly to the PE/Athletics teacher(s) that is not also given to the attendance clerk will be considered unexcused for attendance purposes.
- Three (3) unexcused absences will result in a Truancy Warning Letter from the school. A second warning letter is sent at eight (8) absences. Nine (9) or more unexcused absences (per academic year) will most likely result in a court appearance.
- A student is allowed nine (9) excused or unexcused absences per semester (18 per school year) in order to meet the Compulsory Attendance Law's 10% rule. Absences over this amount may result in loss of credit and/or grade retention.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:40 AM. Students will be counted tardy if they are not in their seats by 8:40 AM. After 10 minutes of the ringing of the tardy bell, students will be considered absent for the period they miss.
- If your student is marked absent by a teacher and you or the student feels this is incorrect, student needs to contact the teacher directly for correction.