Welcome to Mrs. Barnes' Webpage
The 2020-2021 website update was completed on 12/16/20.
"It will never be the same. It will be better."
First day (8/13/20) info was removed on 8/19/20 @ 1:10 pm. It has been posted in your Schoology Course or in your Canvas Course.
Is my name on your schedule?
Here are 6 things you need to do to get started...
1. If you are in Honors Algebra 2, your new Learning Management System is Schoology. Please log into your SCUC Classlink Portal and click on the Schoology ICON.
If you are in Dual Credit College Algebra or Dual Credit Calculus, please log in to your Canvas Course through the Northeast Lakeview Website.
2. Textbook check out (yes, you need a textbook):
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. She will help you check out a textbook.
3. Join your class Remind account.
Remind Codes are posted in your Schoology Course or your Canvas Course.
4. Remote Learning Zoom Tutorials:
(Your Zoom Meeting ID's and Passcodes are provided in your Schoology Course or Canvas Course.)
Zoom tutorials are available Monday through Friday.
NEW ZOOM TIMES BEGINNING JAN 5, 2021:
@home learners tutorial 2:35 - 3:20 pm, Mon - Thurs only
@home learners may also join our face to face tutorials 8:00 - 8:30 am, Mon - Fri
Because we have a flipped classroom, you may also join your classmates during your regularly scheduled class time to ask questions and get some help (through Zoom)!
Zoom meeting ID #'s and passcodes are posted in your Schoology Course or your Canvas Course (on my home page).
5. Online Calculator: Desmos.com
6. Please be aware that Remote Learning will look much different this year than it did last spring.
- Academic expectations are more rigorous
- Remote instruction will mirror in-class instruction
- Daily communication with your teacher is vital
- Daily check in through your Schoology Course (for Honors Algebra 2) and daily attendance through your Zoom class (for Dual Credit College Algebra and Dual Credit Calculus students) is required
- Get your ZOOM on
Face to face tutoring schedules go into effect after 9/4/20:
(The tutoring schedules were updated on 8/11/20.)
Need graph paper? See options at the bottom of this page.
Email me at