Welcome to Mrs. Barnes' Webpage
The 2020-2021 website update was completed on 8/12/20.
"It will never be the same. It will be better."
First day (8/13/20) info was removed on 8/19/20 @ 1:10 pm.
Is my name on your schedule?
Here are 6 things you need to do to get started...
1. If you are in Honors Algebra 2 or Dual Credit College Algebra, please join your Google classroom and check out my Welcome Video.
Watch this Google Classroom tutorial:
Google Classroom codes have been removed from this page for security reasons. I will send a Google Classroom email invite to new students as soon as your SCUC email accounts have been established.
If you are in Dual Credit Calculus, please log in to your Canvas Course through the Northeast Lakeview Website and check out my Welcome Video.
2. Textbook check out (yes, you need a textbook):
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. She will help you check out a textbook.
3. Join your class Remind account.
DC College Algebra: text @b8hkhhk to 81010
DC Calculus: text @c2fd4 to 81010
Honors Algebra 2: text @gabd39 to 81010
4. Remote Learning Zoom Tutorials:
(Your Zoom Meeting ID's and Passcodes are provided in your Google Classroom or Canvas Course.)
Zoom tutorials are available Monday through Friday.
NEW ZOOM TIMES BEGINNING SEPT 8, 2020 (Mon through Fri):
@home learners tutorial 2:25 - 3:10 pm
@home learners may also join our face to face tutorials 8:00 - 8:30 am
Zoom meeting ID #'s and passcodes are posted in your Google Classroom (under 'Classwork', 'First Day Info', 'Zoom meetings') or your Canvas Course (on my home page).
5. Online Calculator: Desmos.com
6. Please be aware that Remote Learning will look much different this year than it did last spring.
- Academic expectations are more rigorous
- Remote instruction will mirror in-class instruction
- Daily communication with your teacher is vital
- Daily check in of your Google Classroom (for Honors Algebra 2 and Dual Credit College Algebra students) or your Canvas Course (for Dual Credit Calculus students) is required
- Attendance will be checked each period through daily participation in Zoom tutorials or submission of assignments
- Get your ZOOM on
Face to face tutoring schedules go into effect after 9/4/20:
(The tutoring schedules were updated on 8/11/20.)
Need graph paper? See options at the bottom of this page.
Email me at