Welcome to the Byron P. Steele Health Clinic!
If your child is sent home from school due to possible COVID-19 symptoms a letter will be sent with them:
According to the SCUCISD Health and Safety Protocols, your child is being sent home because they have begun experiencing the following symptom(s) while at school, which may be consistent with COVID-19:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greather than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing or Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Diarrhea or nausea or vomiting
One of the following criteria must be followed and met before the sutdent will be allowed to reenter the school building/classroom:
1. In the case of a student who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return to school when all three of the following criteria are met:
a. at least one day (24 hours) has passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications);
b. the student has improvement in symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath); and
c. at least ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
2. In the case of a student who has symptoms that could be COVID-19, such student is assumed to have COVID-19 and who is not evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, such student is assumed to have COVID-19, and the student may not return to the campus until the student has completed the three-step set of criteria listed above.
3. If the student has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to school before completing the stay at home criteria, the student must either:
a. Obtain a medical professional's note clearing the student to return to school based on an alternative diagosis;
b. Obtain an accurate infection test at an approved COVID-19 testing location https://tdem.texas.gov/covid-19/ that comes back begative for COVID-19.
The date for your student to return to campus is________________if there is no note to return from a medical professional or a negative COVID-19 test result.
****Please read about medication administration in the important info tab****
The mission of SCUCISD Health Services is to support the education and developmental process of all students by promoting their optimal health and well-being in a safe and supportive environment. The program is dedicated to the promotion and maintenance of the health and wellness of the school commnuity, assisting all students in achieving their maximum learning potential.
Please contact the health clinic for any questions or concerns regarding the health of your student. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Leah Blevins RN, BSN
Jennifer Bores LVN
Phone # 210-619-4021
Office hours are 7:45am-4:15pm