Thanks for visiting my page
Welcome to beginning art class! I look forward to a fun and creative year with you. Art is a powerful language that ignites imagination and helps to acquire critical thinking and communication skills. We will study perception (art criticism), creative expression/performance (production), historical and cultural heritage (art history), and response/ evaluation (assessment).
About the Teacher:
My name is Ms.Tharp and this is my 11th year teaching. I graduated from Texas State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a specialization in Photography. I'm very excited to be at Corbett Junior High and I can't wait to meet all of you. WELCOME BACK!
1st Period Art 7 8:10-9:05 2nd Period Art 7 9:09-9:57 3rd Period Art 7 10:01- 10:49 4th Period
Art 7 10:53- 11:31
Lunch 11:31- 12:04
Art 7 12:07- 12:22
Pride 12:22- 12:42
5th Period Conference 12:46- 1:34 6th Period Art 7 1:38- 2:26 7th Period Art 7 2:30- 3:20
Follow me on Twitter @MsTharp or Instagram @corbett_art
Texas Art Education Association
To promote quality visual arts education in Texas by promoting visual
arts education as an integral part of the curriculum through professional development of knowledge and skills, representation of the art educators of Texas, service and leadership opportunities, and research and development of policies and decisions relative to practices and directions in visual arts education; to sustain and advance professional development; to encourage and promote the advancement of knowledge and skills.
The Texas Art Education Association believes:
- The visual arts are essential at all levels of human development.
- The visual arts are sensitive to learning styles and multiple
intelligences: all students are capable.
- The visual arts develop critical and creative thinkers.
- Visual literacy and self-expression in the visual arts are vital
forms of communication in our global society.
- Quality visual arts education requires instruction by professional
certified art educators.
- Continuous professional development is necessary for quality
- Active support of research and development in visual arts
education is essential.
- Promotion and implementation of quality visual arts education
through communication with students, parents, school
administrators and community leaders.