Communities in Schools
Our Core Beliefs
Communities in Schools works to ensure that all children receive these five basics:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and future
- A marketable skill upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and the community
“Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” ~ Lady Bird Johnson
CIS provides core services, which are implemented by campus-based Site Coordinators, to more than 3,000 case-managed students in Caldwell, Comal and Guadalupe Counties.
- dropout prevention
- tutoring and testing preparation
- career awareness & college preparation
- counseling & emotional support
- health and social service referrals
- parent & family involvement
Welcome to Corbett Junior High! My name is Hariet Jackson and I am the Site Coordinator for Corbett. If you would like more information or would like your student to get involved with CIS please contact me via phone or email
. My direct number is 210-619-4171.
Please check out my resources page for interesting information and links to sites and videos.
***If you are printing the forms from home, please note I need the Recommendation Form, Consent Form, and Family Information Form for my records.