Welcome to the FIRST Lego League Dobie Robotics Team PageTeam Number 29499This is the first year that Dobie has joined Lego League competition. The students have been working very hard and we are so excited about our first upcoming qualifying tournament. We will be competing against 14 other area teams on JANUARY 21 at Madison HS. If we place 1st or 2nd, we will advance to the citywide competition. There are several VERY IMPORTANT pieces of information that I need to pass on to you. They are as follows:
1. We will have a mandatory team practice on Saturday, January 14 from 9-11 am. If, there is a conflict, please notify me via email, firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
2. We MUST have all students on our team roster to be registered with a signed consent/release form. It can be done online or printed/filled out/signed and returned to me on or before JANUARY 10th. Please see the link below if you have not received either. If we do not receive these, the students will not be able to compete.
3. Students must arrive on competition day, Saturday, January 21 at Dobie Jr. High no later than 7 am. Parents are welcome to view the robot games from the stands. Parents are not allowed in the judging rooms or at the robot game tables. Awards ceremony begins at 330 pm and should end by 400pm. Students may leave with their parents from the event after checking in with me. Otherwise, students will need to be picked up at Dobie Jr. High upon our arrival. I will send a remind and have students call as well.
4. Volunteers are needed and it's a great way to see how FIRST works. Volunteer roles allow time for you to view at least one of your child's team's Robot Game matches - and if you are a Referee, you can get an up-close view! There is a link below with instructions on signing up to volunteer. You can also contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
5. Please be sure that your student is very familiar with all of the following item:
a. The Core Values
b. The Challenge Guide including the Project, Robot Game Rules & Missions
c. Challenge Updates
d. Robot Game Scoresheets (there are two versions, they might see either one at the event)
e. The Judging Rubrics
f. Team Number - 29499
A link to the above mentioned are below.