Attendance & Registration
Attendance Registrar: Jennifer Crank
New Students Registration
What you need:
- Items Required for Registration: Picture ID of the parent registering the student (military or driver’s license)
- Most current proof of residence (current gas, water, electric, or lease agreement)
- Shot record
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Social Security Card
- The most current divorce or custody papers and any other legal documents concerning guardianship.
- Power of Attorney and residency affidavit documents from the previous school year are void and must be renewed for each school year. Residency affidavits can be found on the district website.
Official attendance is taken each morning at 9:35 a.m. for all students. Please make every effort to have students present at this time.
STUDENT ABSENCE POLICIES
Parents are required to send written documentation concerning the student's absence on the day the student returns to school . Such documentation should include date (s) of absence (s), reason for absence, parent/guardian signature, and telephone number to call in case of questions. This should be brought to the attendance office within three (3) school days of the absence (s). A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will not be accepted.
The District accepts the following as extenuating circumstances for the purpose of granting credit for a class:
1. An excused absence based on personal illness
2. Illness or death in the family
3. Documented health-care appointments
4. Activities related to obtaining United States citizenship
5. Religious holy days
6. Required court appearances
Absences are excused only to the extent that make-up work will be allowed through arrangements with the teachers. It is the student and parent’s responsibility to contact the teacher for missed assignments at the earliest possible date. Students will be allowed ONE DAY FOR EACH DAY OF ABSENCE to make up schoolwork missed. Students shall receive a zero for any assignment or test not made up within the allotted time.
When a student is absent from school, with or without the knowledge and documentation of his/her parents for any reason other than those listed above, it is an unexcused absence. In these cases, the school administration will determine if the student is allowed to make up any school work missed. The following is a list of things that would be considered unexcused in the case of a tardy or absence. This list is not exhaustive.
1. Trips with parents
3. Car trouble
4. Missed bus
I will accept email notification from the parent that the student will be absent. You can email me at email@example.com