Arrival and Dismissal Information
The safety of our students is key. We appreciate your help, support and cooperation in keeping ALL our students safe while being considerate of our community and other parents.
● Campus is open to students at 7:05 am
● Car Rider drop off is in the back of the school. Students are encouraged to let themselves out of their vehicle. If assistance is needed, please ask, we will be more than happy to assist.
● Bus and bike riders and walkers arrive through the Gym.
● Daycare drop off is at the side of the school. ONLY Daycare vans and busses are allowed through the side entrance.
● PK and special education transportation drop off is at the cafeteria side door in the front of the school.
● Students being dropped off by their parents MUST be escorted to the bus loop Gym entry.
● No parking is allowed in the front of the school on Pheil Street during arrival time.
● The Kiss & Hug Zone is provided for families outside the front of the school when dropping off your child.
● The tardy bell rings at 7:40 am. A student is considered tardy if they are not in the classroom by 7:40 am.
● Tardy students will arrive at the side entrance of the Gym to check in and get their pass to class. Breakfast
● Breakfast is served from 7:05-7:35 am. ○ It is important to arrive as early as possible to provide your child with time to finish breakfast before the tardy bell. Students are not eating breakfast in their classrooms.
● Students eating after 7:35 a.m. in the cafeteria are considered tardy to class.
● Dismissal begins at 2:50 pm.
● Bus and Bike Rider ○ Bus and bike riders, and walkers are dismissed from the Gym. Teachers will be on duty to guide students. Curtiss walkers will walk to the stop sign at the corner of Curtiss Ave. and Pheil Street. Brooks students will walk to the large tree at the corner of the campus on Pheil Street in front of the school on the cafeteria side.
● Daycare pick up is at the side of the school. ○ ONLY daycare vans and busses are allowed through that side entrance.
● YMCA After School Care is held in the cafeteria on campus. YMCA is a private organization. The campus does not handle admissions.
● PK and special education transportation pick up is at the cafeteria.