House Bill 3 Goals
Under HB 3, school boards are required to adopt plans in early childhood literacy and math, as well as college, career, and military readiness. All plans are required to include:
- at least one assigned district-level administrator or employee of the regional education service center for the district’s region to coordinate implementation and submit annual report to the board on the district’s progress;
- an annual review by the board at a public meeting;
- an annual report posted on district and campus websites; and
- specific, quantifiable, annual goals for five years at each campus.
Early childhood plans are required to include:
- annual goals for aggregate student growth in 3rd grade math and reading;
- annual targets for students in each group evaluated under closing the gaps domain;
- targeted professional development for classroom teachers in kindergarten through 3rd grade for campuses that includes consideration of the unique needs of students in bilingual education or special language programs.
College, career, and military readiness plans are required to include:
- annual goals for aggregate student growth on CCMR readiness indicators evaluated under the student achievement domain; and
- annual targets for students in each group evaluated under closing the gaps domain.