Remote Learning Book Checkout Procedures
- Students can place up to 4 books on hold. The librarian will choose the first 2 books available and check them out to the student.
- Students may checkout 2 books at a time. Due to popularity, graphic novels can be checked out for one week. All other books can be checked out for 2 weeks.
- If a student is missing any books or owes any library fines, they will be unable to check out until books are returned and/ or fines are paid.
Holds/ Reserving Books
- How will I know if my book is READY for pick up?
- Holds MUST be placed by Weds. in order to be available the following Monday for pick up.
- Holds placed AFTER WEDS. (Thursday or Friday) will NOT be available the following Monday.
- Do NOT check HOLDS in Destiny Discover. It will not be correct.
- Books are ONLY ready when they appear in the CHECKOUTS section in Destiny Discover.
- Your book may take a few weeks to be ready if another student has it checked out.
Pick Up/ Return
- Books can be picked up from Schlather Monday through Friday from 7:30AM-3:00PM beginning on Aug. 24th.
- Books will be on a cart in the front office with the student's name.
- Books can be returned from 7:30AM-3:00PM, Monday through Friday only, in the "Book Drop" in front of the Schlather main entrance.
If you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Jader at 210-619-4326.
Watch these two videos to learn how to find Destiny Discover in Classlink and how to place books on HOLD.