Coach Pawelek- World History Classroom Rules and Grading Policies
- Respect your teacher and your classmates- Character counts! - No profanity, insulting remarks or harassment of any kind is allowed.
- Tardies are assigned according to school policy.
- Follow the teacher's directions the first time they are given.
- Keep the classroom neat and clean.
- Remain seated until the teacher dismisses you.
- Do not speak while the teacher or another student is speaking
to the class. Raise your hand if you wish to to make a comment or ask a
question. Talk only when the teacher gives you permission.
- Come to class prepared. A textbook will be provided for you (I have 30
classroom copies). You need paper, pen or pencil, and a notebook or
- Late work will follow school policy!If you are absent it is your
responsibility to get the make-up work.
- Hall passes will only be given in emergencies. Take care of personal
business before or after class.
- Disruptive class behavior will be dealt with according to the Student-
- No food or drink is allowed in the classroom. No grooming articles are to
be used during class.
- Grading policies : Tests will count as 50 % of your grade each 9
weeks. Test grades will include written tests, projects and a notebook.
- Daily work will also count as 50% of your 9 weeks grade. Daily work
will include daily assignments in class, homework, and quizzes. Refer to the
district grading guidelines link on my website.
- This class consists of 2 semesters. Your grade will be determined at the
end of each semester by the following formula - each 9 weeks grade
40 % and the semester exam will be 20%.
- Parents may reach me via e-mail at email@example.com
- Respect is the key to a good experience in this class. Respect your
classmates, teacher and yourself!
- Refer to the link on my website home page for the pacing calendar and my homework