Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Wilder Students and Families, I miss seeing each of you and hope you are doing well.
Please be sure to visit my Google Classroom using the following code: 7rzrvxd
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 210-619-4206, or (407) 815-4044.
Four Components of a Comprehensive, Developmental School Guidance and Counseling Program
Purpose: to provide all students with the knowledge and skills appropriate for their developmental level through systematic delivery of the guidance curriculum.
- Growth Mindset
- Motivation to achieve
- Decision-making, Goal-setting, Planning, and Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Communication skills
- Cross-cultural effectiveness
- Responsible behavior
- College/Career Military Planning
Purpose: to meet the individual student’s immediate needs usually necessitated by situations and conditions in the student’s life.
- Academic concerns
- Relationship concerns
- Physical/sexual/emotional abuse and neglect as described in Texas Family Code
- Coping with stress
Purpose: to assist students individually in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Acquisition of student skills
- Awareness of educational opportunities
- Utilization of test scores
- Knowledge of potential career opportunities
- Knowledge of career and technical training
- Knowledge of positive work habits
- Development of healthy self-concept
- Development of adaptive and adjustive social behavior
Purpose: to establish, maintain, and enhance the total counseling program.
- Guidance program development
- Parent education
- Teacher/administrator consultation
- Staff development for educators
- School improvement planning
- Counselor’s professional development
- Research and publishing
- Community outreach