STAAR End-of-Course Assessments
In preparation for the 2020 STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) Summer Programs, letters will be mailed home to the parents of all high school students who failed any 2020 STAAR EOC assessments required for graduation (English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology I and/or US History). The summer STAAR EOC Tutorial program is only for current SCUCISD 9th-12th grade students. All testing and tutorials will occur at Byron P. Steele High School.
Who should take advantage of this opportunity?
- Students who were absent for an assessment
- Students who have not met approaches grade level on an assessment
- Students whose assessments were invalidated (received a score code of ‘other’)
When will the STAAR End-of-Course assessments be offered in the summer?
- DATES TBD
- Test sessions will begin at 8:30 am:
- Students must bring a picture ID to enter the testing area
- No electronic devices (including cell phones) are allowed in the testing area
- Doors open at 8:00 am
- These assessments will be administered at: B. Steele High School.
- No registration for the assessment is required, however, you must register for the STAAR End-of-Course Tutorials if interested in taking them.
Will there be any prep course or tutorials offered in the summer before the STAAR End-of-Course assessments?
Yes, STAAR EOC tutorials will be offered at Byron P. Steele II High School, free of charge, as follows:
- ENGLISH 1 EOC- JUNE 23, 2020
- ALGEBRA 1 AND US HISTORY EOC JUNE 24, 2020
- ENGLISH 2 EOC JUNE 25, 2020
- BIOLOGY EOC JUNE 26, 2020
- MAKE UP JUNE 26, 2020
The STAAR EOC Preparation/Tutorials are not required but highly recommended.
Questions concerning the summer STAAR End-of-Course testing opportunity should be directed to Andrea Garza, Campus Testing Coordinator at email@example.com or