In an effort to promote protection of a student’s skin related to sun exposure, sunscreen may be used in SCUCISD as follows:
- Sunscreen will be provided by the parent / guardian.
- Sunscreen does not have to be kept in the nursing clinic.
- Sunscreen is not to be shared among students.
- Student may possess use a topical sunscreen product while on school property or at a school-related event or activity to avoid over exposure to the sun
- Sunscreen product must be approved by the U.S. food and Drug Administration for over the counter use.
- Sunscreen product cannot be used for the medical treatment of an illness or injury.
School personnel may assist an elementary school student in applying a topical sunscreen product if the school has received a written request from the student’s parent / guardian