HEALTH SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
You have all chosen a most rewarding field of study to explore for future employment. Good study habits and an adherence to policy rules and regulations will make this a successful year for you with far reaching goals. Because this is a new field of study for many of you, it will require good study habits. What you learn today will help you in the tomorrows to come!
- CLASS RULES:
Of all people
Of all equipment
Attend class everyday
Be on time
Decide to succeed
Think for yourself
Prioritize - Plan your work and work your plan
Follow all lab safety procedures in the lab and classroom.
Report any problems that occur to the appropriate adult
3 Ring binder big enough to fit either a semester/year worth of papers, worksheets, tests, quizzes, etc. (1 ½ inch is preferable)
Index cards: will be used for medical prefixes, suffixes, and terms
( Health Science Theory =800 Mental Health 600)
Note Book Paper: for binder
Dividers: You will need dividers in the following order: Notes, Diagrams, Daily Work / HW, and Quizzes.
Composition Book: for daily journals; this is a must have!
Pens: black , blue , red, and one Highlighter
We will have vocabulary quizzes, daily worksheets, medical minutes, homework, tests, and group work. Students may make up a failing quiz or test grade to a 70%. Late work is accepted 5 days after it is initially due and all late work will result in a maximum grade of a 75%. The medical minutes are daily presentations on medical current events. Each student will present 2 medical minute reports each semester. They must be given on the date assigned and if
the student has an excused absence on the date it is due, they must give it on their next class day they are present, otherwise it will be considered late.
Tests, Projects, Research, Extended Labs, Unit Common Assessments, Major Writing Assignments
Daily work, Labs, Quizzes, Homework, Reading Logs, Minor Writing, District Benchmarks
Classroom Policies and Procedures:
1. Demonstrate respect for instructor and other students.
2. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
3. ID’s must be worn at all times. No exceptions. D-Hall may be issued.
4. In order to be recognized, raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking.
5. No visitation allowed by friends in the classroom unless invited by teacher.
6. Cosmetic and grooming aids may not be used in the classroom.
7. Loudness, horseplay, or arguing will be interpreted as your need for additional work, and
assignments will be made.
8. No food or gum will be allowed in the classroom (especially during Medical Minutes).9. There is to be absolutely no talking during the pledge and moment of silence. Respect others at all times including me.
10. Come to class on time. The school and district policy will be enforced in this class. I do
11. If you know in advance that you will miss class, please inform me.
12. If you are absent from a class, you are responsible for the make-up work. Students will get
time for make-up work as per district policy. It is your responsibility to get make-up work,
13. Cell Phones/Headphones: In order to create a more positive learning environment, we use a cell phone “stop light” system during class
- RED: absolutely no cell phones seen or heard or the phone is taken up!
- YELLOW: May use for instructional/personal purposes if YOU ASK FIRST (fact checks, challenge the teacher, Google searches, etc.)
- GREEN: May use for group work, instructional purposes, or personal purposes; however, no videos or games.
RESTROOM: Students must turn in their cell phone before using the restroom and must go in the bucket.
- HEADPHONES: May be used when given permission. ONE ear bud only. "Best bud is ONE bud!"
- Non-negotiables- no YouTube videos or electronic games on a personal device
- 1st offense: warning and put in the cell phone jail and given back after class
- 2nd offense: put in the cell phone jail and given after lunch or school and parent contact made
- 3rd offense: put in the cell phone jail, home call, and administrative notification
14. COURTESY RECEIVES THE HIGHEST AWARD IN THE CLASS. DEMONSTRATE A
POSITIVE, HELPFUL, SUPPORTIVE AND ENCOURAGING ATTITUDE TO ONE
If you need to contact me, please call the school @ 619-4000 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail is preferred!