Unit 1 - Geologic Time
- Geologic Time Scale: Describe major divisions of geologic time.
- Development of Earth: Describe the evolution of Earth's geosphere, oceans, and atmosphere.
- Relative Dating: 1) State the underlying assumptions that scientist use to explain Earth's geologic history. 2) Identify relative dating techniques and explain how scientists use them. 3) Explain how scientists describe gaps in the rock record.
- Absolute Dating: Identify absolute dating techniques and explain how scientists use them.
- History of Life on Earth: Understand how the fossil record helps to explain the history of Earth.